This tutorial is for changing a printhead on the Magicard Tango 2e, Rio 2e, Avalon and Avalon Duo ID card printers. For replacing printheads on older printers please see replacing printhead on older magicard id card printers
We recommend you use an anti static wrist strap when working with any electronic equipment.
- Switch off the printer and unplug the power lead from the back of the printer.
- Open the printer and gently disconnect the cable connector from the printhead.
- Using a screw driver, unscrew the printhead fastener
- Be careful not to touch the printing edge
- Unhook the printhead
- Hook the new printhead into position and secure it in place with the screw.
- Gently push the connector into position
- Make sure a ribbon is in place, close the lid and switch the printer on
- A steady green light indicates that you can start printing